Top Non-negotiable skills needed for a worker to hit the ground running:
- 5-10 years proven, hands-on experience installing, managing, and configuring Oracle version 9 through 18.
- Experience automating, monitoring and reporting on of all aspects of Oracle database systems: backups, disk space, query failures, system slowness, etc.
- Experience managing Oracle systems that support large, complex enterprise-wide systems such as ERP, payroll, finance, etc.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Installing and supporting system hardware and software, performing system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches and software updates.
- Operational support activities such as resolving software and hardware related problems, managing backup and recovery activity, administering technology layers, managing monitoring and alerting functions, performing capacity planning and conducting version management.
- Will work closely with architects, infrastructure support, systems engineers and application support teams to ensure seamless and quality IT support for customers and alignment with IT standards, controls and governance.
- To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of technical, business and leadership skills.
- This requires an understanding of customers’ business needs, processes, and functions.
- They also require a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations.
- In addition, individuals working in this job family must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.