Now Hiring: Multiple, Remote Senior ServiceNow System Engineers
Must Be Based In US: Yes
100% Remote: Yes
Contract Length: 6 months w/extension likely
- Provides evaluation, engineering/design and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements.
- Provides escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 engineers.
- Demonstrates creativity and takes initiative in problem solving.
- Resolves or facilitates resolution of complex problems for assigned program.
- Has a thorough and comprehensive mastery of supported platforms/products and environments.
- Focuses the majority of time on complex engineering, architectural and implementation tasks.
- Project assignments are large in scope and are highly complex. Provide exceptional customer service to end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of ITD.
- Perform daily production support activities. Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all environments Lead projects associated to the enhancement, upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing technology solutions.
- Coordinate implementation and support efforts between ITD Operations and other ITD teams.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Provide oversight and facilitation of the ITD change management process as it applies to the ITD Operations team.
- Review, recommend and monitor the source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines.
- Provide technical leadership and ownership of issues across multiple disciplines and technologies.
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all ITD Operations platforms.
- With oversight from the Principle System Engineering and System Manager(s), initiate and facilitate strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development).
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
- Identify technical innovation and process improvement opportunities.
- Design and implement a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning program.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics.
- Demonstrate potential leadership qualities through team motivation, coaching, and mentoring.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge & expertise with business processes and routines.
- Research and recommend appropriate System Administration best practices, and tools.
- Perform crisis management during high-severity operational incidents.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND TRAINING:
- Ability to develop and organize written documentation and procedures is required.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in determining work and problem resolution priorities and approaches.
- Demonstrates a customer service approach to service delivery and effectively communicates with our customers on requests and incidents.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced work environment.
- Team player will work close in team environment